Getting engaged is a big deal. Amen? We’ve been there and we got you. You have a rush of so many things going through your brain like: what dress am I going to wear? Flowers? Music? Oh, and a wedding date would be helpful too, right?!
Listen, we know that things can seem stressful and overwhelming if you’re engaged right now. But that’s the last thing that we want you to feel when you’re about to document your engagement photos! Plus you’ll only be engaged for a short period of time before you’re married. You should be enjoying this season in life!
So that it’s one less thing to worry about, we’ve put together 5 tips to prepare you for your engagement session!
- Set a date and location: start with a season that you love and a location that means the most to you and your partner. A year before your wedding allows you optimum time for using photos for save the dates!
2. Choose your outfits. Compliment each other in color and dress up! Long, flowy dresses work well for any female body shape. Popular online dress shops: Lulu’s, Baltic Born, Chicwish, and Amazon. Guys look best in a suit jacket or button up. Or if you’re naturally a casual person, wear what feels best to you! We love a great flannel too!
3. Ladies: this is a great time to have your trial makeup done by your wedding makeup artist.
4. Bring a subtle prop such as a flower bouquet, picnic basket, or blanket to add some fun! Better yet, bring your furry friends with paws! 😉
5. Get comfortable and have fun! They make the BEST photos when you’re genuinely happy. Remember to enjoy this season as fiance!
Thanks to some of our favorite couples below, we have some great examples to show you of what to wear!
5 tips to prepare you for your engagement session!